Not a drop of problems
WaterStop allows you to remotely shut off the water at a facility with an Ajax security system. The device combines a high-quality valve and a powerful electric actuator with a control unit connected to an Ajax hub via the Jeweller encrypted radio protocol. You can control WaterStop from anywhere in the world. Check the device status and change the valve position at any moment — all you need is an Internet connection and the Ajax app.
If LeaksProtect or a third-party water leak detector is triggered, WaterStop will automatically shut off the water in 5 seconds. At the same time, all Ajax users and the security company receive a notification about the alarm and scenario activation. In addition to the water leak alarm scenario, it is possible to set the water shut-off at a specific time or when the security system is armed.
WaterStop — remote-controlled water stop valve from Ajax
The WaterStop tap allows you to remotely shut off the water supply in the room under the control of the Ajax security system. The device combines a high-quality Bonomi valve and an electric actuator with a control unit. The faucet to control the water supply is connected to the control panel via the secure wireless Jeweler protocol. WaterStop can be controlled remotely from anywhere in the world, simply by having access to the Internet. Ajax’s applications for PC and mobile phones allow you to check the status and change the position of the valve at any time. The water stop valve from Ajax WaterStop will automatically turn off the water in 5 seconds on the alarm of the LeaksProtect water leakage sensor or another water leakage sensor. At the time of an alarm, all users connected to the system and the security company will receive a notification about the alarm and the activation of the scenario. In addition to the scenario in case of leakage, it is possible to set the shutdown of water at a certain time or at the time when the security system becomes armed.
Features of WaterStop Remote Controlled Water Shutoff Faucet
The water stop valve is available in black and white. The device is compatible with pipes for supplying cold and hot water. To shut off the water, an electric drive is used, which is protected from overheating and can operate at temperatures up to 60 °C at the installation site. The built-in tamper alarm reports an attempt to tear the case off the mounting platform. The WaterStop faucet works with the Jeweler wireless communication protocol, which allows communication with the security system control panel at a distance of 1100 m in the absence of obstacles. Management and configuration take place remotely using Ajax applications. Jeweler radio technology provides two-way communication between the alarm central and the water shut-off valve and protects the device from forgery with block encryption with a floating key. Also, notifications to the application are sent instantly. The applications for PC and smartphones also display the current status of the tap to shut off the water: open/closed, the status of the battery charge, external power supply, and communication with the control panel.
- The radio signal strength is automatically adjusted to reduce power consumption and radio interference.
- RF hopping is used to prevent radio interference and jamming. Loss of communication is detected within 36 seconds, this time depending on the settings of the communication technology.
- The valve is equipped with an input for an external power supply of 9 V⎓, the Bonomi valve is included. And it works with a temperature range from +5°С to +120°С.
- With the help of the valve, the water is blocked in 5 seconds. This value may increase due to contamination of the shut-off valve.
- To manually shut off the water supply in emergency situations, there is a lever on the platform. Water supply control does not require tools.
- For manual control, there is a button on the body of the electric drive, when pressed, the shut-off valve opens/closes.
- LED indication using the color of the LED backlight of the Ajax logo indicates the state of the drive.
The WaterStop Water Stop Faucet supports automation scenarios such as:
- Responds to water leakage sensor alarms.
- To change the security mode.
- Performs scheduled activities.
- Fires when a Button is pressed.
- Works on temperature.
- Activated by pressing LightSwitch.
Compatibility of the tap for shutting off water from Ajax
The faucet for remote shutoff of water is compatible with the following control panels and signal repeaters:
- Hub Plus
- Hub 2 (2G)
- Hub 2 (4G)
- Hub 2 Plus
- Hub Hybrid (2G)
- Hub Hybrid (4G)
- Rex 2
Installing a water stop device from Ajax
The design of the WaterStop water shut-off valve allows you to mount, maintain and repair devices in hard-to-reach places: a mine, a technical box, a wall, etc. You can replace the drive unit without dismantling the shut-off valve. The actuator can be removed from the valve without tools. The WaterStop valve is designed for indoor use. To install the shut-off valve, you need to contact a plumber.
Faucet kit for remote shutoff of water
Together with the WaterStop Jeweler, the kit will include 4 pre-installed CR123A batteries that last up to 3 years (when an external power supply is connected, the batteries become a backup power source) and a brief instruction.