Fire is one of the awful and dangerous unpredictable events in houses, business offices, or other places, so builders consider fire alarm systems to protect people and properties from this unexpected happening. These 2 essential and popular fire alarm systems are on the market: CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms. But what is the difference between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarm
You may overlook these alarm systems until there is an unavoidable emergency in your house or office. Every fire alarm has its specific fire detection method, sounder, and warning method. Therefore there will be some differences between each fire alarm system. Stay with us to get more information about the differences between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms.
What is a CTEC conventional fire alarm?
Before checking out the difference between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarm, you must know and get familiar with conventional CTEC fire alarm panel. Conventional fire alarm panels belong to the old days of electronic devices.
You may not find these alarm system panels in large or new buildings, but some small restaurants, old-fashioned schools, and buildings may still have them. One or several circuits connect to the sensor system in a conventional alarm system.
Unfortunately, some limitations are based on initiating circuits in a conventional type of alarm system. For example, they cannot inform which alarm system device in the apartment is activated; it only uses a LED indicator for notification.
What is a CTEC addressable fire alarm?
CTEC addressable fire alarm system panel differs from the conventional type because it will show you the exact location. You will recognize the specific place of fire with the help of an addressable fire alarm, as the name of this fire alarm system shows.
This C TEC fire alarm system will provide specific information about the fire area and zone. It will show detailed data based on the fire detector location, area and zone. We can say that addressable fire alarm systems are the most intelligent in contrast to conventional fire alarm system panels.
Most large and new buildings own one of these innovative fire alarm systems. Although the addressable type of fire alarm systems is more expensive than conventional types, many builders prefer these fire alarm system panels.
9 differences between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarm
You got familiar with CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarm system panels; now are the time to check out the differences between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms. Some of these differences are too clear:
- An addressable fire alarm system can provide specific information based on a location detector, but a conventional one only shows the place based on circuits.
- Though a conventional fire alarm system is simple and old-fashioned, the addressable one is very intelligent. The owner or installer can select a label for each place, and an addressable fire alarm will show the location label for better understanding. For example, it will show bedroom 1 is on fire.
- Addressable type of fire alarm system panels owns a pre-alarm warning item that informs the owner to investigate the place before activation of the existing system. Still, the conventional ones don’t have this option.
- Conventional types are the same in different conditions, while addressable ones offer other items according to the environment and area.
- Addressable fire alarm systems wire in a loop, but the conventional ones wire based on a radial circuit.
- Unfortunately, the conventional fire alarm panels cannot show real-time or event logs, while the addressable ones provide the time clock. They can also show the recording log of events.
- Addressable types of fire alarm systems are arrangeable for a specific event, but you cannot find such an option in a conventional fire alarm panel.
- Using and installing conventional fire alarm systems is accessible, while the addressable ones have a complex usage and installation procedure.
- The addressable fire alarm system is 50% to 100% more expensive than conventional ones.
Which one is better, CTEC conventional fire alarm system or the addressable panel?
You must consider your needs, property, and budget and decide which fire alarm system is better for you. The conventional fire alarm panel will be the best choice if you cannot afford an addressable fire alarm system.
Since a conventional fire alarm system is hardware-based, its usage process is simple and easy to understand. At the same time, an addressable one may need some expert knowledge because it is complex and a combination of central control panels.
Moreover, you can realize which of these fire alarm systems is better according to the difference between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms. The addressable one can inform you about the exact event location and provide you with the recording log, while the conventional one only detects fire events.
Is it possible to use a conventional detector on an addressable panel?
According to the difference between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms, you can understand these 2 types of fire alarm systems are different and non-compatible. You may use a simple smoke detector on your addressable panel, but the conventional one is not acceptable.
Please note that the smoke detector and fire alarm systems must be compatible. Don’t forget the addressable fire alarm system is the most intelligent fire alarm available on the market, so it cannot accept the conventional detector.
There are many reasons why they cannot work well with each other. The differences between these 2 types of CTEC fire alarm systems show they cannot be 2 good and useful partners for each other. It is better to use each of them correctly and precisely.
We have tried to inform you about the difference between CTEC conventional and addressable fire alarms to help you make your final decision. In the first place of choosing one of these fire alarm systems, you must consider your budget.
As we said, the addressable fire alarm system panel is more intelligent and expensive. You will need more money for the installation procedure if you have chosen the addressable fire alarm over the conventional one.